Top 7 Tips for digital marketing & SEO in 2016 / 2017
Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 8
Host: Dr. Peter Boulden
Title: Top 7 Tips for SEO in 2016 / 2017
Subtitle: How Dentists Can Grow Their Practice Through SEO
- SEO is now based on the user experience, the freshness of your content and the authority Google gives your site.
- In the past, people can gamify SEO using spammy link building that creates no value in the Internet. This has changed.
- Google has become smarter with their algorithms and has focused on content that is actually relevant to consumers.
- Tip 1: Focus on social media strategy. Think outside the box. Social content will become more prominent for Google to quantify who is relevant. Becoming social and getting mentioned all the time online by legitimate people will increase your search engine rankings.
- Tip 2: Maximize the use of video. Videos will become increasingly powerful and will become the mainstay. People are captivated by videos even by strangers. You can even use your iPhone to shoot videos.
- Tip 3: Optimize your websites for mobile. Mobile optimized websites will become crucial. The dominant device of consumers to view websites are now mobile phones and tablets. Also, check also how fast your website loads. Design beautifully for mobiles first then desktops next.
- Tip 4: Use long tail keywords. Voice search functions will soon become the norm due to the advent of Siri, Cortana etc. Long tail keywords are normal sentences people will speak when searching for something online. They are very, very specific to what you are selling.
- Tip 5: Learn about local SEO and the things that drive it. Local SEO will become more important. There are many ways to drive local SEO – citations, reviews, direction guides, etc. Aim for Google to show a map listing of your site when someone makes a local search.
- Tip 6: Focus on the user experience. This is at the core of Google’s algorithm changes. Make your website useful for your visitors with good design, videos, useful content and engaging social content. Decrease your bounce rate and try to increase the time of your visitors on your site.
- Tip 7: Create good and substantial content. Go deep with your content by including pictures and videos in the topics you discuss. Go deep before going wide (having a lot of pages).
- Become knowledgeable with SEO or enlist a company to do it. But it’s better to become knowledgeable and then collaborate with the company you enlist to handle your SEO.
- Optimizing your website for SEO takes time but it’s rewarding.
- SEO is the new norm. If you want to grow your practice, invest in it or else you’ll be left behind.
Page Speed Tool by Google
“You need to be intimately involved in the creation of your content. It can’t be outsourced but it can be a collaborative experience.”
“SEO is the new norm and if you don’t do it, you will be left behind.”