Modern-Day Word of Mouth with Stuart Faught
Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 26
Guest: Stuart Faught / Founder of PatientSnap.com
- Online reviews are crucial to the success of your dental practice, they can also be very hard to obtain.
- Make sure every patient receives a text message right after their appointment asking for review and giving links to post a review.
- Key platforms are Yelp, Google, and on your website.
- 88% of patients are currently checking online reviews before going into a practice.
- There’s a democratization of small business; people have a much greater power to make or break your business.
- Shoot for getting the most stars and the best reviews.
- Cadence and consistency are important. Look at your review request process as an evergreen strategy and not a quick fix.
- Respond to every negative review, and at least some of the positive reviews. Every review response is another marketing opportunity.
- Even the best practices will eventually get a bad review. An occasional bad review actually authenticates all your positive reviews.
- Use bad reviews as a way to get patient feedback and an opportunity to keep them as loyal customers.
- Reviews translate your culture, can add value to the business’s sale price, and attract top-performing talent to your office.
- Best practice:
- Doctors have say-so on which patients should get request to review
- Have one person accountable for actually sending
- Use technology to send a text
- Ask screening questions first; ask if experience was positive or negative
- If they’re positive they’re sent links to review on Yelp, Google, or website
- If negative they are sent to feedback comment box and assure them you’ll work to make things right
- It has to be easy or they’re not going to do it.
- Target conversion rates is at least 10% of requests.
- Don’t spam, patients shouldn’t be asked to write a review more than once every six months.
- Make reviews fun, get your team excited and reward your team and patients for their efforts.
- Review add-ins are also key; work to get patients to check in, add a picture, and interact with the review platform as much as possible.
- We’re just barely scratching the surface with “social proof.” Everything is moving toward video and authentication.
- PatientSnap.com is offering a 30-day trial to listeners who try out the demo.
Online reviews are the modern day word of mouth. – Stuart Faught
People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. – Dr. Craig Spodak