M.A.S.T.E.R. Your Presentation with Dr. Chris Ramsey part 1
Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 28
Hosts: Dr. Peter Boulden & Dr. Craig Spodak
Guest: Dr. Chris Ramsey / Co-owner of Ritter & Ramsey
- Take care of your team. Your team will take care of your patients, and your patients will take care of our profits.
- Strive to be the best. You don’t have to be the best in the WHOLE world, but be the best in YOUR world.
- Success isn’t the same for everyone. Define what success means for you.
- Make sure you can answer the question “Why do people choose to come to your office?” Make sure you define your answer and clarify that vision with your team.
- Achievement is not always related to fulfilment.
- Chris Ramsey created a lecture program called M.A.S.T.E.R., dedicated to teaching people how to be great at what they do and do more of the dentistry they love.
- Mindset – The conscious, unconscious, and subconscious parts of your brain.
- Your brain is working like a hard drive, storing information randomly.
- Typical dental experiences are usually TERRIBLE. It’s uncomfortable, can be painful, and is filled with bad news.
- You have to make the dental experience positive – start with a positive, and end with a positive.
- Addressing Choice – dentists have to stop overwhelming patients with too many options.
- When it comes to choices, more is not better.
- Influence people so they feel like the decisions they make are their own.
- Use body language for subconscious influencing.
- People remember most the last thing you told them.
- The sequence you use in presenting options matters.
- Storytelling – Approach as if you’re getting ready for a TED talk. There is an art to storytelling.
- Craft a message map.
- People make decisions based on emotions.
- Use a voice recorder to really listen to what you say and how you say it.
- Dentistry is not a commodity, it’s a service.
- Training the Eye – Learn how to read body language.
- Women are innately better at reading body language than men.
- Strangers read each other at an accuracy of 20%. You can’t guess people’s reactions solely by first impression.
- Scratching the neck indicates “I don’t really agree.”
- Playing with hair is subconscious calming tactic.
- Arms crossed could mean a million things, don’t assume it’s nervousness. Look at their hand position. If fists are clenched they are defensive.
- See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil; touching their mouth/face, rubbing of eyes, rubbing/touching their nose, or touching of ears indicates anxiety or covering of truth.
- Someone turning their torso towards you invites you into the conversation. If they turn away it’s a cue they might not want to talk to you at the moment.
- Don’t rely on people’s faces to tell you the truth. Read their body cues instead.
- Pay attention to the clues and craft your message accordingly.
- Look for pacifying behaviors, assess what made them nervous, alter the conversation and move it back to neutral. Once there aren’t any more pacifying behaviors, stop talking.
- Expectation – Why do things cost what they do? Is your product worth what you charge?
- It’s all psychological, it’s all about the experience.
- Trigger effect is something intangible that triggers you to say something is valuable.
- Attention to detail is important.
- Recognizing Persuasion – Social perception and influence is incredibly important to your business.
- Search out the easy & right things to do for people. Those things go far to prove your value and create customers for life.
- Reciprocation rule; do unexpected things for people and they will reciprocate.
- Why spend money trying to get new patients who you don’t know rather than spend money on patients you already have? Invest in your patients.
- Every person that comes through your door wants to feel a connection. You and your team should do everything you can to foster that connection. Make it about them.
- Digital Smile Design (DSD)
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Poke the Box by Seth Godin
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Blink by Malcom Gladwell
- TED Talks
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D.
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
I don’t think anybody listening to this podcast ever wakes up, stretches, and says “I can’t wait to be mediocre today!” – Dr. Chris Ramsey
Success isn’t the same for everyone. Define what success means for you. – Dr. Chris Ramsey
Take care of your team, your team will take care of your patients, and your patients will take care of our profits. – Dr. Chris Ramsey
If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. – Albert Einstein
It’s time to start trying new things, and start failing. – Dr. Chris Ramsey
Failure is just a seminar. A mistake is just a learning experience. – Dr. Craig Spodak
Your practice is not stagnant, that is a myth. You’re either growing, or you’re dying. – Dr. Chris Ramsey
Every person that comes through your door wants to feel a connection. – Dr. Chris Ramsey
Unlocking Total Freedom, Redefining the Playing Field, Building for the Future and Embracing Opportunities
, May 31, 2023
Practice Perspectives: Catching Up, Buying In, and Expanding Out
, April 12, 2023
Efficient Insurance Verification with Dr. Derek Giddon
, March 29, 2023
Talking Nachos with Dr. Paul Goodman
, March 22, 2023
Our Success Gets People Healthy
, March 17, 2023
The Roadmap to Financial Success with Randy Smith
, March 15, 2023
, March 8, 2023
Dr. Startup PART 2 with Dr. Trey Miller
, March 1, 2023
To Sell or NOT to Sell PLUS Mastermind Ski Retreat Recap
, February 22, 2023
2023:Predicting Losers and Winners in the Dental Industry, PART 2
, February 3, 2023
2023: Predicting Losers and Winners in the Dental Industry, PART 1
, February 1, 2023
Setting Your Marketing Budget in a Potential Recession
, January 25, 2023
The Problem is Really YOU with Dr. Paul Etchison
, January 18, 2023
Look at These 3 Stats if You’re Thinking of Going Out of Network with Teresa Duncan
, January 11, 2023
MLR Passed Legislation, Recession Proofing, the Culture Debate Continues
, January 4, 2023
The Doctor-Hygienist Disconnect: Communication, Compensation, Values with Brittany Simon of Bulletproof Hygiene
, December 28, 2022
Ai: Dall-E, ChatGPT – This changes EVERYTHING!
, December 16, 2022
Holiday Bonuses, Cryptocurrency, ERC, and Summit
, December 14, 2022
Generational Dentistry with Dr. Myles Spodak
, December 7, 2022
Knowing What You Don’t Want with Judy Kay Mausolf of Culture Camp and Erika Pusillo
, November 30, 2022
, November 23, 2022
Blackrock, Smile Direct Bankrupt, Interest Rates to Make Decisions
, November 2, 2022
Cabo This Week, Immersion Learning, Biggest Breakthroughs, Your Personal KPI is Net Worth
, November 2, 2022
Natural Disasters, Getting Sweatyback Over Ideal Case Acceptance, and Removing Your Own Roadblocks with Dr. Rob Ritter and Dr. Chris Ramsey
, October 19, 2022
Silver Linings of an Upcoming Recession
, October 12, 2022
Surviving “SUCKtember” with Dr. Dwight Peccora and Dr. Trey Tippit
, October 5, 2022
Reduce the Friction TO GET PAID with Dr. Dwight Peccora
, June 29, 2022
FINANCIAL PLANNING – Winter is Coming
, June 8, 2022
Creative Content Ideation with Dr. Nick Ciardiello
, June 8, 2022
Rants and Rambles: Real Estate, Raccoons, Being Happy
, May 25, 2022
, May 18, 2022
, May 14, 2022
The Getting is in the Giving with Dr. Mark Costes
, April 20, 2022
FULFILLMENT – Peak Performance – Brain Training and Longevity
, April 15, 2022
FULFILLMENT: Peak Performance – Testing
, April 14, 2022
FULFILLMENT: Peak Performance – Diet and Exercise
, April 13, 2022
, March 30, 2022
Expanding your Identity as an Intrapreneur with Dr. Lisel Balk
, March 16, 2022
Bulletproof Vs. Shared Practices: Round 1
, February 21, 2022
Leadership Development with Brittany Simon of Bulletproof Hygiene
, February 16, 2022
Crafting Your Practice with Dave Monahan of Kleer
, February 9, 2022
Inputs Predict Your Outputs – CRUSH THIS YEAR
, January 12, 2022
, December 22, 2021
How it Started, How it’s Going
, December 10, 2021
All things Real Estate – Part 2
, November 24, 2021
All Things Real Estate – Part 1
, November 17, 2021
Every Self Help Book EVER Boiled Down to 11 Simple Steps
, November 10, 2021
, November 3, 2021
, October 21, 2021
Entrepreneur vs Solopreneur vs Associateprenuer
, October 13, 2021
Recruiting Top Talent with Chris Tuff
, October 6, 2021
4 Freedoms: Time, Money, Purpose, Relationships with Chris Tuff
, September 29, 2021
Business is not Productivity, Productivity is not Profitability with Chris Salierno
, September 22, 2021
Fortune Rewards the Bold with Dr. Dwight Peccora
, September 15, 2021
Big Case Presentation – Boulden’s Partners Part 2
, September 8, 2021
Big Case Presentation – Boulden’s Partners Part 1
, September 2, 2021
Goal Setting to Take Your Practice to the NEXT LEVEL with Chris Tuff
, August 26, 2021
Paying Off Student Loans & Arbitrage
, August 25, 2021
, July 28, 2021
, June 16, 2021
, June 9, 2021
Thinking Like an Owner with Dr. Jenny “Yogi Dentist” Perna
, May 19, 2021
The Power of In-Person with Chris Tuff
, May 12, 2021
Building on Stone with Dr. Trey Miller
, May 5, 2021
Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast with Chris Tuff
, April 28, 2021
Using Analytics to Optimize Inbound Calls
, April 14, 2021
Post Corona : From Crisis to Opportunity
, March 31, 2021
, March 17, 2021
Comfort Zone & Lifestyle Creep
, February 17, 2021
, February 10, 2021
, February 3, 2021
Launching Bulletproof Hygiene with Brittany Simon & Charissa Wood
, January 27, 2021
The One Clinical Skill You Should MASTER
, January 13, 2021
State of the Economy, INFLATION, and Rants
, January 6, 2021
Patient EASE Over Customer Service
, December 30, 2020
Patient Retention is the Key to Growth
, December 23, 2020
, December 9, 2020
The Future is Brighter Than You Think with Peter Mallouk
, December 3, 2020
, November 27, 2020
Unlock Your Practice’s Secret Weapon
, November 19, 2020
The Easy Way Was Actually the Hard Way
, November 12, 2020
Dr. Boulden & Dr. Spodak on Hiring
, November 5, 2020
Discovering Your Inward Path with Sage Robbins
, October 28, 2020
, October 22, 2020
Rundle in Dentistry? with Scott Galloway
, October 9, 2020
Balance is a Myth, Don’t Be Fooled
, October 1, 2020
It’s Never Too Late To Change Directions: Life and Dentistry
, September 24, 2020
Team Compensation Negotiations
, September 17, 2020
, September 9, 2020
Local Dental SEO Mastery with Darren Shaw
, September 3, 2020
, August 27, 2020
Be Different with Mike Michalowicz
, August 20, 2020
, July 16, 2020
, July 10, 2020
Dr. Boulden on TIME MANAGEMENT
, July 6, 2020
, July 2, 2020
3 Biggest Bottlenecks of an Entrepreneurial Dentist: PART 2 with Perrin DesPortes of TUSK Partners
, June 25, 2020
3 Biggest Bottlenecks of Being an Entrepreneurial Dentist: Part 1 with Perrin DesPortes
, June 18, 2020
, June 2, 2020
, May 21, 2020
P&L is Your Tool to Freedom with Dr. Tim McNamara
, May 14, 2020
, May 4, 2020
Multiple Websites for Multiple Offices & Stock Photos
, April 30, 2020
5 Recommended Bulletproof Books
, April 27, 2020
International Man of Mystery, Dr. Simon Chard
, April 23, 2020
Nathan French is Attention Driven
, April 16, 2020
, April 7, 2020
, March 27, 2020
Meaning Over Money with Dr. Clifton Cameron
, March 23, 2020
, March 19, 2020
, March 3, 2020
, February 20, 2020
Hygienists Are the Real MVP’s of Dentistry
, February 6, 2020
Living, Learning, & Leadership with Dental Practice Heroes
, February 3, 2020
Straight Talk About DSO Transactions with Brannon Moncrief
, January 30, 2020
The ‘D’ Word – Why Debt Isn’t Always Bad
, January 23, 2020
, January 9, 2020
, January 2, 2020
Leadership with Dr. Jenny Perna
, December 19, 2019
Traveling Dentistry with Dr. Dustin Pfundheller
, December 12, 2019
Leaning In: A Fireside Chat with Marc Hodulich
, November 21, 2019
Working For A “Why” with Ericka Pierce
, November 14, 2019
Dental Tech with Dr. Aaron DeForest
, November 7, 2019
The Entrepreneur’s Mentor Patrick Bet-David
, October 3, 2019
, September 19, 2019
Navigating Dental Economics, Strategies for Thriving in a Recession, Cyberhacks and Unpaid Associates