5 Fundamentals for Great Local SEO with Darren Shaw
Text ‘bulletproof’ to 345345 to stay in the know about our upcoming book release and the Bulletproof Summit in fall 2018!
Bulletproof Dental Practice Podcast Episode 59
Hosts: Dr. Peter Boulden & Dr. Craig Spodak
Guest: Darren Shaw, owner of Whitespark
- Google has been ramping up their local SEO features so they can improve their local ad sales.
- Google posts are new and allow you to push out more content. They expire weekly so you need to stay current with new content.
- Google Q&A allows you to address some of the most frequent FAQ’s right in google search.
- Google Insights show who has clicked through to your website, who has called you, etc.
- Engagement metrics are real. The more engagement you get with your google content the better you will show up in search. Add videos, posts, attributes, etc.
- What makes up a good local search strategy?
- Get your Google & Google My Business listings are correct.
- Make sure your primary category is accurately reflecting what you do.
- Citations are your online business listings on Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Make sure these are all accurate.
- Make sure there are as many out there as possible. Shoot for 80+ listings.
- Reviews are super important for ranking and conversion benefits.
- If you are doing a review ask, coax a little bit to mention the specific service they had. Those keywords really help you rank better for those terms in local SEO.
- Website in local search comes down to how much content you have. Basic blurbs will not help you rank.
- Make sure you build out your content.
- Links help with local search as well. This is often done through sponsorships, community outreach and support. These are easy ways to get other sites to link to you.
- Local sponsorships are one of the best ways to get local links.
- To find: search in google: “intitle:sponsors ‘YOUR CITY’”, will give you a whole list of local sponsors.
- Vendors are also usually high-authority links. Find vendors of yours who list their local customers and find a way to get a link listed on their site.
- Yelp continues to be a challenge for many small businesses.
- You’re not allowed to ask for reviews. Yelp wants all reviews to come in naturally.
- It’s also of no value to ask for Yelp reviews. Their filters are very strict, only active Yelp users will have reviews that are shown.
- Yelp actively endorses a check-in offer, which is a GREAT way to bypass Yelp’s “don’t ask” policy. Any patient who checks in and takes you up on the offer will be encouraged to leave a review. Put the check-in offer on Google posts, send via email, put up a sign, promote as much as you can. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
- Another Yelp hack – make a new Gmail account, take your entire patient email list and put it into that Gmail contact list, then run through “find my friends” on Yelp, and it’ll tell you who is active.
- Facebook allows you to create custom segments by uploading your existing patient list.
- Promote new services, show them what’s new, etc.
- Website is a great opportunity to keep adding detailed content.
- Video is important. Talk about your services and upload on your website, YouTube, social media, etc.
- Google local pack – these are the top results that show up at the right side of the page when you search for a local business.
- It went from 10 businesses, to 7, now it’s 3.
- It doesn’t exist within an entire city anymore. Google filters based on the proximity of the searcher. You’ll generally show up within 5-10 miles of your business.
- The way to slightly break out of the proximity search is to buy local pack ads.
- Google guarantees some home repair related industries.
- The listings are paid for and business who participate must be screened.
- Another opportunity to rank organically is to build out city/neighborhood pages on your website.
- Build a page on your site that talks about local neighborhoods and how your office has helped with patients in that area. This helps draw in organic ranking results from outside your 10-mile radius. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
Whitespark Local Citation Finder
Practice Perspectives: Catching Up, Buying In, and Expanding Out
, April 12, 2023
Efficient Insurance Verification with Dr. Derek Giddon
, March 29, 2023
Talking Nachos with Dr. Paul Goodman
, March 22, 2023
Our Success Gets People Healthy
, March 17, 2023
The Roadmap to Financial Success with Randy Smith
, March 15, 2023
, March 8, 2023
Dr. Startup PART 2 with Dr. Trey Miller
, March 1, 2023
To Sell or NOT to Sell PLUS Mastermind Ski Retreat Recap
, February 22, 2023
2023:Predicting Losers and Winners in the Dental Industry, PART 2
, February 3, 2023
2023: Predicting Losers and Winners in the Dental Industry, PART 1
, February 1, 2023
Setting Your Marketing Budget in a Potential Recession
, January 25, 2023
The Problem is Really YOU with Dr. Paul Etchison
, January 18, 2023
Look at These 3 Stats if You’re Thinking of Going Out of Network with Teresa Duncan
, January 11, 2023
MLR Passed Legislation, Recession Proofing, the Culture Debate Continues
, January 4, 2023
The Doctor-Hygienist Disconnect: Communication, Compensation, Values with Brittany Simon of Bulletproof Hygiene
, December 28, 2022
Ai: Dall-E, ChatGPT – This changes EVERYTHING!
, December 16, 2022
Holiday Bonuses, Cryptocurrency, ERC, and Summit
, December 14, 2022
Generational Dentistry with Dr. Myles Spodak
, December 7, 2022
Knowing What You Don’t Want with Judy Kay Mausolf of Culture Camp and Erika Pusillo
, November 30, 2022
, November 23, 2022
Blackrock, Smile Direct Bankrupt, Interest Rates to Make Decisions
, November 2, 2022
Cabo This Week, Immersion Learning, Biggest Breakthroughs, Your Personal KPI is Net Worth
, November 2, 2022
Natural Disasters, Getting Sweatyback Over Ideal Case Acceptance, and Removing Your Own Roadblocks with Dr. Rob Ritter and Dr. Chris Ramsey
, October 19, 2022
Silver Linings of an Upcoming Recession
, October 12, 2022
Surviving “SUCKtember” with Dr. Dwight Peccora and Dr. Trey Tippit
, October 5, 2022
Reduce the Friction TO GET PAID with Dr. Dwight Peccora
, June 29, 2022
FINANCIAL PLANNING – Winter is Coming
, June 8, 2022
Creative Content Ideation with Dr. Nick Ciardiello
, June 8, 2022
Rants and Rambles: Real Estate, Raccoons, Being Happy
, May 25, 2022
, May 18, 2022
, May 14, 2022
The Getting is in the Giving with Dr. Mark Costes
, April 20, 2022
FULFILLMENT – Peak Performance – Brain Training and Longevity
, April 15, 2022
FULFILLMENT: Peak Performance – Testing
, April 14, 2022
FULFILLMENT: Peak Performance – Diet and Exercise
, April 13, 2022
, March 30, 2022
Expanding your Identity as an Intrapreneur with Dr. Lisel Balk
, March 16, 2022
Bulletproof Vs. Shared Practices: Round 1
, February 21, 2022
Leadership Development with Brittany Simon of Bulletproof Hygiene
, February 16, 2022
Crafting Your Practice with Dave Monahan of Kleer
, February 9, 2022
Inputs Predict Your Outputs – CRUSH THIS YEAR
, January 12, 2022
, December 22, 2021
How it Started, How it’s Going
, December 10, 2021
All things Real Estate – Part 2
, November 24, 2021
All Things Real Estate – Part 1
, November 17, 2021
Every Self Help Book EVER Boiled Down to 11 Simple Steps
, November 10, 2021
, November 3, 2021
, October 21, 2021
Entrepreneur vs Solopreneur vs Associateprenuer
, October 13, 2021
Recruiting Top Talent with Chris Tuff
, October 6, 2021
4 Freedoms: Time, Money, Purpose, Relationships with Chris Tuff
, September 29, 2021
Business is not Productivity, Productivity is not Profitability with Chris Salierno
, September 22, 2021
Fortune Rewards the Bold with Dr. Dwight Peccora
, September 15, 2021
Big Case Presentation – Boulden’s Partners Part 2
, September 8, 2021
Big Case Presentation – Boulden’s Partners Part 1
, September 2, 2021
Goal Setting to Take Your Practice to the NEXT LEVEL with Chris Tuff
, August 26, 2021
Paying Off Student Loans & Arbitrage
, August 25, 2021
, July 28, 2021
, June 16, 2021
, June 9, 2021
Thinking Like an Owner with Dr. Jenny “Yogi Dentist” Perna
, May 19, 2021
The Power of In-Person with Chris Tuff
, May 12, 2021
Building on Stone with Dr. Trey Miller
, May 5, 2021
Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast with Chris Tuff
, April 28, 2021
Using Analytics to Optimize Inbound Calls
, April 14, 2021
Post Corona : From Crisis to Opportunity
, March 31, 2021
, March 17, 2021
Comfort Zone & Lifestyle Creep
, February 17, 2021
, February 10, 2021
, February 3, 2021
Launching Bulletproof Hygiene with Brittany Simon & Charissa Wood
, January 27, 2021
The One Clinical Skill You Should MASTER
, January 13, 2021
State of the Economy, INFLATION, and Rants
, January 6, 2021
Patient EASE Over Customer Service
, December 30, 2020
Patient Retention is the Key to Growth
, December 23, 2020
, December 9, 2020
The Future is Brighter Than You Think with Peter Mallouk
, December 3, 2020
, November 27, 2020
Unlock Your Practice’s Secret Weapon
, November 19, 2020
The Easy Way Was Actually the Hard Way
, November 12, 2020
Dr. Boulden & Dr. Spodak on Hiring
, November 5, 2020
Discovering Your Inward Path with Sage Robbins
, October 28, 2020
, October 22, 2020
Rundle in Dentistry? with Scott Galloway
, October 9, 2020
Balance is a Myth, Don’t Be Fooled
, October 1, 2020
It’s Never Too Late To Change Directions: Life and Dentistry
, September 24, 2020
Team Compensation Negotiations
, September 17, 2020
, September 9, 2020
Local Dental SEO Mastery with Darren Shaw
, September 3, 2020
, August 27, 2020
Be Different with Mike Michalowicz
, August 20, 2020
, July 16, 2020
, July 10, 2020
Dr. Boulden on TIME MANAGEMENT
, July 6, 2020
, July 2, 2020
3 Biggest Bottlenecks of an Entrepreneurial Dentist: PART 2 with Perrin DesPortes of TUSK Partners
, June 25, 2020
3 Biggest Bottlenecks of Being an Entrepreneurial Dentist: Part 1 with Perrin DesPortes
, June 18, 2020
, June 2, 2020
, May 21, 2020
P&L is Your Tool to Freedom with Dr. Tim McNamara
, May 14, 2020
, May 4, 2020
Multiple Websites for Multiple Offices & Stock Photos
, April 30, 2020
5 Recommended Bulletproof Books
, April 27, 2020
International Man of Mystery, Dr. Simon Chard
, April 23, 2020
Nathan French is Attention Driven
, April 16, 2020
, April 7, 2020
, March 27, 2020
Meaning Over Money with Dr. Clifton Cameron
, March 23, 2020
, March 19, 2020
, March 3, 2020
, February 20, 2020
Hygienists Are the Real MVP’s of Dentistry
, February 6, 2020
Living, Learning, & Leadership with Dental Practice Heroes
, February 3, 2020
Straight Talk About DSO Transactions with Brannon Moncrief
, January 30, 2020
The ‘D’ Word – Why Debt Isn’t Always Bad
, January 23, 2020
, January 9, 2020
, January 2, 2020
Leadership with Dr. Jenny Perna
, December 19, 2019
Traveling Dentistry with Dr. Dustin Pfundheller
, December 12, 2019
Leaning In: A Fireside Chat with Marc Hodulich
, November 21, 2019
Working For A “Why” with Ericka Pierce
, November 14, 2019
Dental Tech with Dr. Aaron DeForest
, November 7, 2019
The Entrepreneur’s Mentor Patrick Bet-David
, October 3, 2019
, September 19, 2019
Navigating Dental Economics, Strategies for Thriving in a Recession, Cyberhacks and Unpaid Associates